CNN Site Map for Section World (Galleries) for November - 2022
- 2022-11-24Leia-jhene Seals hugs R.J. Lewis during a vigil Sunday, November 20, at the All Souls Unitarian Church in Colorado Springs, Colorado. Seals was performing the night before when a shooter opened fire in the Club Q nightclub.
- 2022-11-21When the underwater volcano Hunga Tonga-Hunga Ha'apai, erupted on January 15, 2022, a plume of volcanic ash shot 58 kilometers (36 miles) into the air. New Zealand's National Institute of Water and Atmospheric Research (NIWA) set out on a month-
- 2022-11-18Created by atmospheric disturbances over warm ocean water, hurricanes are one of the most powerful weather events -- and are often deadly and destructive. Stretching for hundreds of miles across and wreak havoc when they make landfall -- like Hurricane La
- 2022-11-17People in Kherson, Ukraine, welcome Ukrainian soldiers with flowers on Saturday, November 12, as the military entered the city after Russia retreated from the region.
- 2022-11-17Three quarters of the world's crops depend on pollinators like honeybees, according to the UN Food and Agriculture Organization. They are critical to our food security.
- 2022-11-15"Air Meat" is made by microbes using a process known as biomass fermentation. It's produced by California-based startup Air Protein.
- 2022-11-10Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis is joined by his wife, Casey, and their children at an election night party in Tampa on Tuesday, November 8. The governor called his reelection a "win for the ages" and validation of his aggressively partisan agenda.
- 2022-11-08The blood moon is observed by astronomy enthusiasts during a total lunar eclipse viewing event in Manila, Philippines, on November 8.
- 2022-11-04A woman holds the hand of a person who was caught in a crowd surge in Seoul early Sunday, October 30.
- 2022-11-03Research has shown that the oceans hold 16 times more carbon than the terrestrial biosphere, and that protecting the seas can be an effective way to combat climate change. Pictured, a humpback whale lunges for herring out of the cold waters of Lofoten, in
- 2022-11-03Mission Blue, the conservation organization founded by renowned oceanographer Sylvia Earle, has created a network of Hope Spots -- places that have been scientifically identified as critical to the health of the ocean, due to their biodiversity, the prese
- 2022-11-03Despite their terrifying toothy grin, gray nurse sharks are mostly harmless to humans. Due to loss of habitat and overfishing, the species is in decline and listed as critically endangered by the IUCN.
- 2022-11-02Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva raises his fist after addressing supporters in São Paulo, Brazil, on Sunday, October 30.