CNN Site Map for Section Middle East (Galleries) for February - 2013
- 2013-02-26Palestinians mourn during the funeral Arafat Jaradat on February 25, 2013 in the village of Saair in the West Bank.
- 2013-02-25Ultra-Orthodox Jews belonging to the Lelov Hasidic sect, celebrate the Jewish festival of Purim late on February 24 2013 in Beit Shemesh, a religious town near Jerusalem.
- 2013-02-24A man cries in the Ard al-Hamra neighborhood in Aleppo, Syria, on Saturday, February 23 at a site hit the day before by what activists said was a Scud missile. Tensions in Syria flared in March 2011, escalating into a civil war that rages on today. This g
- 2013-02-21Muhammad Ali and wife Veronica visited South Shields, England in 1977 and had their marriage blessed in the local mosque. The day is still fondly remembered by the town's Yemeni community, one of the UK's oldest Muslim populations.
- 2013-02-17People gather after a bomb targeting Shiite Muslims exploded in a busy market in Hazara on the outskirts of Quetta, Pakistan, Saturday, February 16. A blast targeting Shiites in a busy marketplace killed at least 45 people, police told CNN.
- 2013-02-11Migrant workers march in the streets of Beirut to protest racism in Lebanese society. Lebanon has about 200,000 migrant domestic workers, hailing from mostly African and Asian countries.
- 2013-02-11A rebel leader is helped into a boat on Wednesday, January 30, by rebel fighters after he was injured during shelling by pro-Syrian forces. The boat will transport them to Turkey near the northern Syrian town of Darkush. Click through to view images from
- 2013-02-08Aviation bloggers aren't real impressed with Iran's new fighter jet, the Qaher-313, unveiled last weekend. Iran has compared the plane to the U.S. F-22 and F-35. Not quite says Dave Majumdar on Flightglobal.com: "This aircraft looks a lot l
- 2013-02-08Noor Daoud, 23, in her BMW. Daoud is about to compete in a professional drift race in the United Arab Emirates, which she hopes will be the start of a top-flight international career.
- 2013-02-08The banana represents a sensitive person who is suffering from the nails sticking into him, said Oussama Diab. The artwork is called "Human Being."
- 2013-02-07Mecca has changed dramatically over the past decades. This is how it appears in 2012. The Grand Mosque, in the foreground, is dwarfed by the Abraj Al Bait Towers complex, including the Royal Mecca Clock Tower.
- 2013-02-03An Iraqi firefighter walks past the scene of a car bombing followed by an assault on a police headquarters, which killed at least 20 people in the disputed northern city of Kirkuk, Iraq, on Sunday, February 3.
- 2013-02-02An Egyptian protester throws a tear gas canister toward riot police during clashes outside the Egyptian presidential palace on Friday, February 1, in Cairo. Egypt has been embroiled in violence since last week, the two-year anniversary of an uprising that