CNN Site Map for Section Middle East (Galleries) for May - 2013
- 2013-05-27Students in the Philippines released 15,185 sky lanterns to set a record for the most number of lanterns flown simultaneously. The attempt took place on the football field of the University of the Philippines Visayas in Miag-ao town, Iloilo province, on M
- 2013-05-17Photographer Daniel Cheong spent the past six months photographing the record-breaking skyline of Dubai, UAE, at just the right moments. Burj Khalifa, the world's tallest building at 2,722 feet, is seen here from the 79th floor of the Index Tower.
- 2013-05-17The bustling market is a busy meeting place in the heart of ancient Damascus. Even though life retains an air of normality the war is never far away. During CNN correspondent Frederik Pleitgen's visit in early May, jets were flying overhead and ther
- 2013-05-06The Greenbox Museum is the first museum dedicated solely to Saudi Art. That it is located in Amsterdam demonstrates the art's scene is finding more love overseas than at home.
- 2013-05-06Israeli soldiers train near the cease-fire line between Israel and Syria in the Golan Heights on Monday, May 6. Concern over the possibility of a broader war in the Middle East has grown in the wake of reported weekend airstrikes on Syrian military instal
- 2013-05-03The increasingly populous and built-up corridor connecting Abu Dhabi and Dubai has inspired many to refer to this core axis as "Abu Dubai," the unofficial capital of the entire Middle East.