CNN Site Map for Section Middle East (Galleries) for June - 2013
- 2013-06-21Actress Angelina Jolie, special envoy for the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees, meets with Syrians in Lebanon's Bekaa Valley.
- 2013-06-20Qusayr is a ghost town these days. There isn't very much to salvage after a major government offensive ousted rebels from this place, which is strategically located near the border with Lebanon and the main highway connecting Damascus to Syria&apos
- 2013-06-19Pakistani paramilitary soldiers take positions after militants attacked a hospital in Quetta, Pakistan, on Saturday, June 15. Several militants held hundreds of people hostage inside the Bolan medical complex.
- 2013-06-18Abu Dhabi and its lesser-known sibling, Ras Al Khaimah, are battling it out with Doha to get the rights to build the largest Angry Birds theme park in the world.
- 2013-06-17Iranian President-elect Hassan Rouhani waves at a news conference in Tehran on Monday, June 17. Rouhani, a cleric and moderate politician, took more than 50% of the vote after campaigning on a platform of "hope and prudence," appealing to both t
- 2013-06-14Saeed Jalili is Iran's chief nuclear negotiator and represents Iran in talks with the European Union.
- 2013-06-14La construcción de la Cayan Tower, inicialmente conocida como Infiniti Tower, comenzó en 2006 pero tuvo varios contratiempos, entre ellos, la crisis financiera internacional iniciada en 2009.
- 2013-06-12Construction on Cayan Tower, previously known as Infiniti Tower, started in 2006 but was delayed soon after by major flooding in the basement. The tower was set to finish in 2010 but then faced another hurdle -- the financial crisis in 2009.
- 2013-06-10Afghan police arrive at the site of an attack in Kabul on Monday, June 10. Taliban fighters, armed with guns and explosives, clashed with security forces after taking over a building near Kabul International Airport on Monday. The fighting ended with all
- 2013-06-10Baghdad's parkour team practice in Zawra park in the city's center. "We are a small group of young people and there are no parkour classes," says Prince Haydar.