CNN Site Map for Section Middle East (Galleries) for May - 2015
- 2015-05-29The Institute for Strategic Dialogue says Zaynab Sharrouf -- a 14-year-old Australian girl who was taken to Syria in 2013 by her father, a convicted terrorist -- posted this photo online. Supplied to CNN by the ISD.
- 2015-05-25In this photo provided by the anti-government activist group Aleppo Media Center, Syrian men help survivors out of a building in Aleppo after it was bombed, allegedly by a Syrian regime warplane on Saturday, February 8. The United Nations estimates more t
- 2015-05-22A family waits on the Bzebiz Bridge as they try to flee Iraq's Anbar province, where the militant group ISIS has made recent gains. The family has been displaced five times in the past year and half, failing to find safe areas away from ISIS.
- 2015-05-21In 2007, CNN Correspondent Ivan Watson visited the ancient desert city of Palmyra, Syria as a tourist on the bus. It was an "astounding sight," he recalls: "A thousand year old city remarkably preserved in the middle of the desert." No
- 2015-05-05A small boy sits on the ground at Shariya refugee camp in Duhok, in Iraqi Kurdistan. It's home to thousands of Yazidis, many who fled from Mount Sinjar and surrounding towns when ISIS fighters moved in.
- 2015-05-04An Israeli protester holds a sign reading "violent policemen should be sentenced" during clashes between protesters and Israeli riot police in Tel Aviv on Sunday, May 3. The protest was sparked after video emerged showing what appeared to be two