CNN Site Map for Section Middle East (Galleries) for August - 2015
- 2015-08-281. Nomad jellyfish (Rhopilema nomadica): This jellyfish is native to the Indian Ocean. It forms huge swarms along the Levant coast, eating a hole in the food web by preying on zooplankton.
- 2015-08-25The Islamic extremist group ISIS has reportedly blown up a nearly 2,000-year-old temple in the historic ruins of Palmyra, Syria. The temple is seen here on March 14, 2014, before the destruction.
- 2015-08-20Ali, 5, and his brother Alla, 9, fled with their family to Damascus when their home in Idlib was destroyed by fighting. People in the capital are trying to maintain some sense of normalcy despite the ongoing war.
- 2015-08-17Maamoun Abdulkarim, Syria's Director-General of Antiquities and Museums, holds an ancient vase retrieved from the northeast city of Deir Ezzor.
- 2015-08-13A Palestinian pro-regime fighter surveys the devastated landscape of Yarmouk district in Damascus on August 12, 2015.
- 2015-08-04Saffron pickers in Masshad, Iran, the hub of the global industry.